Nowadays, ceiling fans have been favored by increasing people. The reason is that ceiling fans can save energy and reduce the chance of having a fever, compared to air conditions. Besides, they are great decorations at home as well.
To meet the needs of more people, here comes the portable ceiling fan.
It may be not such good looking but is practical and straightforward. Its most significant advantage is that it is convenient and flexible, which makes it can be used in many situations.
Whenever you need the cool wind, you can hang a portable ceiling fan overhead. It sounds very cool, right?
Just a reminder, there are many things you are supposed to know before you invest in a portable ceiling fan.
In today’s article, we are going to introduce the portable ceiling fan in detail and give our buying guide and recommend products. Let’s begin!
What Is Portable Ceiling Fan?
A portable ceiling fan is a fan that is not permanently fixed to a particular spot, and thus, depending on your preference, you can move it around the room.
As a result of their portability, they are battery-powered. This removes the need of having to deal with an electric cable when moving around.
- Air circulation is one of the most important features that determine the comfort of a room.
This fact becomes apparent during the summer when air circulation is needed to maintain the coolness of the said room.
Consequentially, you need to ensure that you have a fan in the rooms of your residence or workplace.
- Fixed ceiling roofs are common, but they really serve their full purpose.
This is because some portability is needed to ensure that the people in the room are all comfortable.
This is the reason why the notoriety of the best portable ceiling fans has deluged the entire world.
Though the popularity is portable ceiling fans have proliferated over the years, you still need to be a bit knowledgeable about what they are and what they do before you commit to buying one or some for your building.
How to Pick the Best Portable Ceiling Fan?
Then what should we pay attention to while choosing? Here below is our buying guide. If you follow these guidelines, you can’t go wrong.
Most portable fans are small in size, but they come in different sizes.
Be sure to pay attention to the size of the fan before you buy it. Since the size of a fan will affect the user location.
Besides, fans that are too big may be cumbersome and difficult to carry, but they would move more air.
In conclusion, the size of the fan should be determined according to your using situation and airflow requirements.
There are two types of voltage for portable fans.
One is 110V AC electric ceiling fan. It always has an in-line switch and a standard 110Volt 2-prong US plug.
If you want a battery-powered ceiling fan, it’s going to be the 12V DC ceiling fan. It has a DC motor and can be connected to a battery or solar panel and other power sources.
Pay attention to the description of the product when you buy it.
The weight of a portable ceiling fan is supposed to be very light. Otherwise, it would be inconvenient to carry.
Meanwhile, since the ceiling fan is hanged on the ceiling but fixed, if the fan is too heavy, there would be a potential danger that the fan falls off.
Generally speaking, the main factor affecting fans’ weight is material.
The primary purpose of buying a fan is to move air.
So the ability of airflow of a fan is essential. Sometimes the CFM of the fan can be found in the product description.
The larger the number of CFM, the stronger the ability of airflow.
But seldom these things are not mentioned in the product description. That’s when you need to go to view the customers’ comments and see what people say about the airflow.
There are some battery-operated ceiling fans with light. This type of fan is a combination of a flashlight and a fan.
It’s functional, provides not only airflow but also light. This is especially useful at night or in darker areas.
You can choose whether to bring the light or not according to your own needs.
Most of the time we use portable ceiling fans, the distance between the fan and us usually is not very far in order to the better airflow.
But if a fan is too noisy and can disturb us. Then we may need to change to a new one.
Just pay more attention to the noise of the fan before you buy it. It’s about our user experience.
What Can a Portable Ceiling Fan Bring You?
In other words, what are the benefits of using a portable ceiling fan?
Here are the answers.
What if there are some places where a general ceiling fan would be challenging to install?
Take up your portable ceiling fan. All you need is only three steps:
- Firstly, simply hook the fan to a stable hook.
- Then, adjust the distance to balance the safety and optimal airflow.
- Finally, connect it to the power supply and turn on it.
In fact, we would only choose a portable ceiling fan when we could not use the ceiling fan in some cases. But that doesn’t mean portable ceiling fans are optional.
Especially in narrow space, a portable ceiling fan is a necessity to make more airflow.
As we all know, human respiration causes oxygen to drop, and carbon dioxide levels to rise. The fan will bring cool wind and fresh oxygen to you.
There are many options for portable fan power, which can meet the needs of different people. If often used in the home, it is better to choose 110V AC electric ceiling fan, plugging in the socket.
If you’re camping out, you have a battery option ceiling fan.
Most portable ceiling fans are definitely a great value for money.
You only need to spend about one-tenth of the price of a regular ceiling fan. Then you can enjoy the breeze and comfortable environment anytime, anywhere.
The convenience and flexibility of the portable ceiling fan are not only reflected in use, but also in the price budget.
What Types of Portable Ceiling Fan to Choose?
First of all, we will introduce portable ceiling fans according to their usages.
Portable Ceiling Fans for Gazebo, Attic, and Garage
Many types of portable ceiling fans are used for multiple places, such as gazebo, attic, garage or kitchen, etc.
Don’t forget. It is portable, you can take it anywhere, such as travel boat, school dormitory, street stalls. Turn it on, and it will improve your living environment.
As for what kind of portable ceiling fan you should choose, I suggest using 110V AC electric ceiling fan in your home, workplace, where there is a fixed power supply.
Battery Operated Ceiling Fan for Emergency
I’m sure we’ve all experienced power outages in our homes.
In the hot summer, if there are a home power outage, the wet environment and the interference of mosquitoes will make us very uncomfortable.
To prevent this, you’ll need to buy a battery-powered ceiling fan to keep at home.
In this case, you can hang it overhead when there is a power failure.
Then connect to the battery, turn it on, let it bring you cool wind and fresh air, and help you keep off the mosquitoes.
Please remember that battery-powered ceiling fans aren’t for stationary use.
Camping Ceiling Fan
Many people are looking for the perfect fan for camping.
There is no doubt that portable ceiling fans are the best choice.
If you go camping with a tent, you’ll find the battery-powered portable ceiling fan really convenient and practical. You can hang it from the ceiling of your tent, and it takes up almost no space.
Because of its location, it can bring a full range of airflow to the tent. It also helps keep mosquitoes away.
When in use, you just need to find a hook to hang the fan on. Pay attention to keeping a safe distance from your head. Then connect to a power source. And you can just lie down and enjoy the cool breeze.
Personal fans are perhaps the most common portable fans.
They are small, handheld, and battery-powered fans that you can move around depending on your location in the room. You can place it wherever you like, be it a table, desk, or countertop.
Additionally, some of them come with a water misting feature, meaning you can be able to spray a little water on yourself if you are feeling too hot.
Another common type of portable ceiling fan is the box fan.
Unlike personal fans, most box fans are not able to vacillate.
Notwithstanding, they are powerful enough to ensure that the entire room is taken care of.
A pedestal fan’s functionality is all in its name.
It is larger than the personal fan, both in size and the area, it can cover.
The fan part of the device seats on a pedestal, and it can oscillate from side to side and be tilted to face a particular direction.
Thus, it is more than capable of taking care of an entire room.
Window fans are pretty self-descriptive. They are fans that are installed in the window. Consequently, they can be able to take care of air coming in and out of the room.
Window fans often come in tow fans, with both fans being mutually exclusive. Ergo, you are able to control each fan independently. This means that one fan can regulate the air coming in, while the other can sort out the air going out.
Barrel fans are the largest and loudest of portable fans you will find in the market today.
Because of their power and loudness, they are preferred in workshops and garages to take care of the dust and other air particles.
They are also often used to quicken the paint dying process.
Though they are powerful, it is rare to find them used on a day to day basis. Notwithstanding, they are very much capable of handling dust, be it paper or any other form, and any other materials tiny enough to float in the air. The best portable ceiling fan for you is solely based on your budget, needs, and preferences.
Best Portable Ceiling Fans Reviewed
Best For Outdoor: SKIYRI Portable Mini USB Hanging Tent Ceiling Fan
- 16.5-inch blades
- Less noisy
- The charge is not included during the purchase
Having this portable ceiling fan in your tent during your outdoor expeditions is the best thing that can happen to you. With this ceiling fan in your tent, you are assured of staying in a healthy fresh environment free from allergens and other particles that may be harmful to your health.
- You will enjoy using this portable ceiling fan for your various outdoor expeditions thanks to the high-quality ABS plastic materials used in its construction that ensures its durability.
- Additionally, the portable ceiling fan features three quality blades with a diameter of 16.5 inches that will ensure maximum air circulation in your tent for a comfortable stay during any time of the day.
- You can use the button control to control the ceiling fan easily.
- For quality purposes and to ensure the value for your money, this portable ceiling fan comes with a one year warranty.
- Finally, you can easily charge this portable ceiling fan using a USB cord by connecting it to your power bank or laptop when you are outdoor camping in off-grid areas without an electricity source.
Best Portable Ceiling Fan with Light: Let’me Rechargeable Solar Camping Fan with LED Lights
- 4-speed settings
- Easy to control
- Brushless motor
- Carry handle
- Suitable for outdoors
This portable ceiling fan is constructed with great features that will ensure your tent becomes a comfortable place to relax during any time of the day when you are out camping, hiking, geocaching, and other outdoor activities.
- Some of the features that make this portable ceiling fan great are the high-quality Abs material used in its construction to ensure its durability. Therefore it will serve you for extended periods.
- You can relax comfortably without any disturbance since this portable has a brushless motor that will produce a powerful breeze with a
- This portable ceiling fan features 4-speed level settings that you can easily select using the button control to personalize the breeze in your tent to suit your comfort.
- You can also fold the 3 LED lights and hide them should you only need to keep your tent cool.
- With a built-in rechargeable battery of 4000 mAh, you can use this ceiling fan for long hours without the worry of it stooping due to power running out.
- For easy hanging and transportation, this portable ceiling fan has a carry handle with a hanging hook.
Best Energy Saving: N/A 12V Portable Ceiling Fan For Hanging Camping Tent
- Ensures the value for your money
- Easy to install and dismantle
- It has a wall switch only, and therefore it lacks the automatic switch option
If you are looking for a portable ceiling fan that will ensure adequate air supply in the room, this is the best choice. You will enjoy maximum freshness and coolness in your room thanks to this portable ceiling fans with three blades with a diameter of 50cm that will ensure maximum airflow inside.
- The high-quality construction materials of this portable ceiling fan ensure its durability, and therefore you will use it for extended durations.
- Furthermore, this portable ceiling fan has a switch that you can use for easy turning it on/off.
- You can easily assemble, install, and dismantle this portable ceiling fan within a short duration; hence you can buy it and use it the same day.
- With a weight capacity of only 13.1 ounces, you will be able to conveniently and comfortably carry this portable ceiling fan around since it is lightweight.
- Lastly, this portable ceiling fan comes with a warranty to ensure the value for your money.
Best Downrod Mounted: Allen & Roth Valdosta 20-in Oil-Rubbed Bronze Outdoor Ceiling Fan
- Three-speed AC motor
- 24-degree blade pitch
- Easy to control
- A bit heavy
Having this portable ceiling fan in your room will ensure it becomes an allergen, pollen, and another bacteria-free zone. This is because the portable ceiling fan is constructed with excellent features.
- You can safely use this portable ceiling fan in your room, thanks to its ETL Safety listing.
- This portable ceiling fan features three 20-inch blades that will ensure maximum air circulation in your room.
- Furthermore, you can comfortably assemble and use this portable ceiling fan in outdoor areas since it has an oil-rubbed bronze finish that will prevent it from corrosion and rusting.
- You can also use the three-position knob to control the portable ceiling fan.
- Moreover, you can also use the three-position knob to select your preferred fan speed from 3-speed settings to suit your comfort.
- You will enjoy using this portable ceiling fan for an extended period thanks to the premium quality materials used during construction.
Best For Tents: Coleman Cool Zephyr Ceiling Fan with Light
- Two light modes
- Two fan speeds
- Easy to install
- The D-cell batteries are not included during purchase.
The synthetic material used to construct this portable ceiling fan ensures its durability, and therefore it will serve you for extended periods.
- You can comfortably and conveniently move around with this portable ceiling fan since it only weighs 1.5 pounds, thus making it lightweight and highly portable.
- You can use the button to control this portable ceiling fan easily.
- Further, you can easily select your preferred fan speed from the two-speed settings to customize the breeze in your tent to suit your comfort.
- The portable ceiling fan also features two light modes that you can use for easy visibility in your tent at night or create an ambiance within your tent.
- The fan and the light of this portable ceiling fan operate independently, and therefore you use one function at a time to save energy.
Best For RV: USB Gazebo Fan Portable DC 5V USB Camp Ceiling Fan
- Quality construction materials
- Ensures the value for your money
- Highly portable
- Easy to assemble
- The power bank for easy connection to power in off-grid areas is not included during purchase.
With this portable USB ceiling fan in your tent, you are assured of healthy air space while camping. You can easily use a USB to connect this portable ceiling fan to a power source to recharge.
- Additionally, this portable ceiling fan features three blades that will ensure maximum air circulation of cool and fresh air in your tent.
- This portable ceiling fan measures 8.35 x 3.98 x 3.66 and weighs only 11.7 ounces making it lightweight, and therefore you can conveniently carry it around.
- You can easily and quickly assemble and use this portable ceiling fan.
- For easy storage when not in use, you can easily bend this portable ceiling fan’s blades without them being broken.
- Last, you can purchase and use this portable ceiling fan with confidence since it comes with a warranty. The warranty will also ensure the value for your money.
Best Wall Mounted: iLIVING ILG8E18-15 Portable Outdoor Ceiling Fan
- Sealed motor
- Corrosion-resistant finish
- Pull chain for easy controls
- 18-inch curved blades
- A bit pricey compared to other portable ceiling fans in this category
This portable outdoor ceiling fan features fantastic features that will help in keeping your place cool and comfortable for your stay. Some of the features that make this portable ceiling fan great is the 18-inch curved blades that will provide optimal air circulation in your place.
- Additionally, you are assured of powerful air supply in your room, thanks to the powerful motor of this portable ceiling fan.
- Besides, you can worry no more about corrosion and rust since this portable ceiling fan’s blades are powder coated.
- For safety purposes, the three blades of this portable ceiling fan are enclosed in a fence.
- You can use the pull chain included to control this portable ceiling fan easily.
- The durable materials used to construct this portable ceiling fan ensures that it will serve you for extended periods. You can also purchase and use this portable ceiling fan with confidence since it comes with a 1-year warranty limited warranty.
Best Battery-powered: SENREAL 12V Portable Ceiling Fan
- Button control for easy controls
- Durable construction
- Easy to assemble
- The portable ceiling fan does not have lights
Having this portable ceiling fan in your room will ensure you have a safe and fresh place to relax at any time of the day.
- With the 3 19.7″ blades, you are assured of optimal air circulation in your room.
- Additionally, you do not have to worry about space since this portable ceiling fan only measures 9.4 x 3.9 x 3.8 inches.
- Moreover, the high-quality materials used to make this portable ceiling fan ensure its durability, and therefore it will serve you for extended periods.
- You can use the 2.5m power cord to connect this portable ceiling fan to a power source easily.