Any ceiling fan will help to promote airflow, but reversible airflow ceiling fans have an extra benefit – they help to keep the room at a more comfortable temperature too.
When you run the fan in the usual direction, it will circulate the air so that you stay cool in the summer. Reverse the airflow, and it will push warm air down into the room, helping to keep you warm.
Here in this post, we give several best reversible airflow ceiling fan reviews to choose from, and also benefits as well as things to consider in picking.
What Is a Reversible Ceiling Fan?
Fans circulate air in the room – but they don’t actually heat or cool the room itself.
They simply create a cooling breeze when they spin counter-clockwise, making the people in the room feel more comfortable.
But the reversible airflow ceiling fan helps you to move the air both in winter and summer.
- Setting the fan to spin clockwise, at a low speed, in the winter, will help to mix the warmer air that is located at the ceiling level with the cooler air lower down, helping the room to warm up more quickly.
How to Choose Best Reversible Ceiling Fan?
Size of fan
Ceiling fans consume power when they are in operation, and the amount of power will depend on the size of the fan and how well the fan is designed.
You should try to look for a fan that offers a good ratio of airflow generated compared to wattage used, and also try to choose a fan that is appropriately sized for the room that it will be installed in.
Choosing the right fan size for the room is very important, not just for getting the best results but also for avoiding wasted electricity.
Power of motor
The power of the motor is important, as well. Higher powered motors will be less likely to overheat, and if they have sealed bearings then they won’t be noisy, and you won’t have to worry about oiling them either.
Some models have a rubber flywheel, and this again is a good noise reduction option.
Numbers of blade
The blades of your ceiling fan can be made out of any number of materials – the actual material doesn’t matter for a fan that is going to be used only indoors.
What does matter, though, is the pitch of the blades.
The higher the pitch, the more air the fan will move.
The best configuration for a reversible ceiling fan is to have four blades that are pitched at around 22 degrees. The more blades, the more air the fan will move – but the noisier the fan will be, and the more power it will consume.
The number of blades isn’t really important as long as there are at least four. The important thing is to ensure that the fan has the right pitch.
Materials of blade
If you are going to use the fan in a room where moisture is often a problem (such as the bathroom or kitchen), opt for stainless steel or plastic blades.
Metal blades are usually more efficient than wooden blades, but they will produce a little more noise.
Wooden blades will warp if they get exposed to a lot of moisture, and certain metal variants will rust.
Best Reversible Ceiling Fans Reviewed
- 52-inch ceiling fan with five white blades
- Exclusive Hunter motor technology and hanging system that ensures your fan will remain Quiet for Life and wobble-free
Best For All Year Use: The 53089 Builder Deluxe Airflow Reversible Ceiling Fans
- With five white/beech blades and snowflake linen glass light kit
- Three fan speeds (high, medium, low) and reversible airflow year-round use
- Standard, flush or angled mounting installing
Best Contemporary: The 53242 Builder Elite – High Rated
- Energy Star 52-inch ceiling fan with five harvest mahogany / Brazilian cherry reversible blades
- 10/100 Ethernet port enables the printer to be connected to a wired computer network
Best with Light: 7800000 Brentford Indoor Outdoor Reversible Airflow Ceiling Fan
- 52-Inch Five-Blade Reversible Ceiling Fan
- Aged Walnut with Clear Seeded Glass
Best In 30″: Westinghouse 7247500 Roundabout Indoor Ceiling Fan
- Brushed nickel finish with opal frosted glass
- Two-light reversible five-blade
- Two-light 42-inch reversible five-blade indoor ceiling fan
- Brushed nickel with frosted white alabaster glass bowl
- With five antique dark wicker blades and light kit, weathered bronze