Purchasing an attic fan isn’t exactly an everyday event, and due to this, it can be confusing as to what type will best suit your personal needs and desires.
There are many options to chose from, which makes doing decisions even more difficult.
Here you will find the information that you need to make the choice that is right for you and your home.
Top 7 Best Attic Fans Reviews
|Cool Attic CX1500UPS Power Gable Ventilator Fan||$72.70||Buy on Amazon|
|Broan 353 Gable Mount 120-Volt Powered Attic Ventilator||$85.95 ($0.45 / oz)||Buy on Amazon|
|12-Watt Solar Attic Fan with 25-year Warranty||$347.70||Buy on Amazon|
|24-watt-Solar Attic Fan-25-year warranty||$397.90||Buy on Amazon|
|36-watt -Solar Attic Fan-DC motor built in the USA||$467.90||Buy on Amazon|
|24" Whole House Fan 54301 Attic & Whole House Fans||$259.87||Buy on Amazon|
|NuTone 8210 8-Inch Vertical Discharge and 7-Inch Round Duct Ceiling Fan||$38.91 ($0.41 / oz)||Buy on Amazon|
Factors To Consider When Choosing Best Attic Fans
There are a number of factors that need to be considered before you even begin to look into which fan is right for your application.
Some of these factors include the size of your attic, the typical weather in your area, whether or not you are interested in going green and how many operating hours you would like to get out of the fan.
Every brand and model has a different life expectancy, level of power, source of power, and they also vary in what options are available.
If you live in an area that is hot year round, you need to get a fan that has an extremely long lifespan, which will cost you more initially, but saves your money in the long run.
However, if it gets super hot in just a couple months out of the year and usually cools significantly in the evening, you can probably afford to go with a less expensive model. Of course, you can still opt to purchase a higher-end model to get the benefits of longevity.
Here is the Best Seller Fan for you reference, you can buy it under $60, check reviews below:
- 1,300 CFM rating at 0.03 static pressure when used with model No. CX2121 automatic shutter
- 14-inch fan with 600-square-inch intake
If you like more quiet attic fans, you can try the Broan 353, this gable mount model has got higher rated than the CX1500UPS and high-performance operation for inside-the-attic applications. Check it up Now!
- 22 gage galvanized steel housing with ribs for added strength with mounting brackets that simplify installation
- Operates automatically – adjustable thermostat built-in with thermally protected permanently lubricated motor
Best Benefit Solar Power Attic Fans Most Home Like To Use
One major benefit when it comes to attic fans for those living in the southern regions is that you can now purchase models that run on solar power.
This can save your money on your energy bill as well as taking away the need to install power into your attic.
They are of course more expensive initially, but the benefit of not paying for it to run and the fact that it reduces your carbon footprint may be a good reason for you to consider this option.
If you live in the northern areas where the hot weather only lasts a few months, then the solar option may not be your best choice. The costs saved on your energy are likely to take longer than the life of the fan to pay off.
Additionally, there is always the risk that the sun is not present regularly enough to power the fan. This, of course, depends on the region and is at your discretion.
Let’s get an overview of the solar attic fans on the market, the price range is about $100~$400, most of the high rated models have cost about $200.
The best quality brand should be Natural Light, all 3 models get more than 4.5-star rating on Amazon, you can choose different power fit your attic needs. Check details of the three hot-selling models of 12/24/36 watts:
- 12-Watt model rated up to 893 CFM for areas up to 1260 Sq. Ft.
- Designed for use on Pitched Roofs with Asphalt/Fiberglass Shingles.
- No wiring necessary – Adjustable Solar panel – Assembled and Ready to install.
- Highest quality materials in any Solar Attic Fan on the market
- Optional snap-on thermostat for use in colder climates
- No wiring required. All necessary installation hardware included
- Solar Attic Fans mount on 3/12 to 12/12 pitch roofs. (this unit not for flat roofs or sidewall mounting)
- Moves up to 1628 cubic feet per minute. Use one attic ventilation fan for every 2625 square feet of attic space
- Optional thermostats and fire safety switches sold separately
Money-Saving For Attic Fans Choosing And Installing
When it comes to the power and size of the fan that clearly depends on the size of your attic. If it is relatively small, you will be able to suffice with a small fan, but larger attics may need an industrial-sized fan or possibly even two fans.
This is again at your discretion and depends on how much you are looking to spend and what you expect the results to be.
Hiring a professional to help pick one for your needs may be your best bet. This is especially true if you do not have experience in carpentry and electrical wiring.
To be sure that the job is done right and safely a professional is almost always the best route to go. It may cost more, but the security of knowing that your family is safe is clearly a higher priority.
For people need big size fans, you can check this 24 Inch whole house attic fan, which has more than 100 sales:
You now have a basic idea of what you will need to consider when looking into purchasing fan units for your attic. The options are great, but with time and diligence you will be able to make a smart choice that will save you money in the future.
The last one we want recommend is the best afford Round Duct Ceiling Fan for small attic use:
- Motor assembly offers fast, easy “twist-lock” feature to make for a quick installation
- Adjustable mounting brackets span from 14 to 24-Inch O.C. joist spacing to fit most wall or ceiling construction and makes installation easier