Whenever you use your bathroom, you need to get rid of the moisture inside as soon as possible. The moist air can cause the growth of molds that will create a bad smell in your bathroom.
The humidity might also cause damages in terms of ruining your paints and other fixtures in your bathroom.
Installing the best bathroom ceiling fan is essential because it will get rid of the air inside dry faster.
This will ensure you have a comfortable environment every time you step into your bathroom.
In a hurry? Get a quick pick here!
Quiet bathroom ceiling fan for small bathrooms – Broan-Nutone AE80B Slient Bathroom Ceiling Fan
Easy installing exhausted ventilation fan with heavy-duty design – Broan-Nutone HD80L Extractor Fan
Mini quiet bathroom ceiling fan to deal with moisture effectively – Broan Bathroom Ceiling Fan
Square bathroom ceiling fan for low profile – Panasonic FV-0810VSS1 Bathroom Ceiling Fan
Most powerful ceiling exhaust fan with lighting fixture – Broan-Nutone 696 Ceiling Exhaust Fan
Why Do You Need to Install An Exhaust Fan in Your Bathroom?
It is not a must that you should install a bathroom exhaust fan if you have proper ventilation in your home.
When there is poor ventilation, you will have to install an exhaust fan to deal with moisture in your bathroom. The exhaust fan helps in many ways, including:
Dealing with bad odor.
In case you have a particularly bad smell in your bathroom that you cannot find where it is coming from, then you can install an exhaust fan.
It will be able to get rid of the bad odor creating a fresh cool environment.
This will help in making one very comfortable anytime they are using the bathroom.
Every time you take a shower, lots of moisture is released into the air. The humidity can cause a lot of damages in your bathroom by damaging the paints and other bathroom fixtures.
The moisture can also cause mold to grow which might be a health concern. An exhaust fan will help in dealing with the moisture.
Remove airborne chemicals.
We usually clean our bathroom with some harmful chemicals.
When they are inhaled, it can cause major health problems.
After cleaning and you turn on the fan it can get rid of any contaminant in the air. This will create a safe bathroom where you can enjoy your shower without any worry.
These factors are some of the benefits one can get from installing an exhaust fan in your bathroom.
How Do I Choose a Bathroom Ceiling Fan?
There are things one should look into when choosing a bathroom fan which include:
#Bathroom Fan’s size
Getting the right size fan for your bathroom is crucial. One should first know the square footage of the bathroom, multiplying the bathroom’s length and width.
The sizing of the fan is done by measuring the amount of air they move per minute. If you have a big bathroom then you will get a fan with higher CFMs and for small bathrooms, you will need those with less CFM value.
You cannot buy a fan without deciding where you are going to install it. Some are installed on the ceiling and others on the wall. The fan should be installed only to vent the moist air outside your house.
To better install a bathroom fan you should consider the existing electrical wiring, safety tips and to get a professional who will install the fan as expected.
It is also to know the noise produced by the fan while it is operational. The sound from a bathroom fan is measured in terms of sones, and one sone is the recommended sound from the fan.
The bathroom fans are sometimes fitted with other components that include:
How Many CFM Do I Need for My Bathroom Ceiling Fan?
You need a strong fan to be able to move the moist air faster. The common rule is always to have 1 CFM size fan for every square foot. You will need to know the square footage of your bathroom before installing the bathroom fan.
- The square footage can be calculated by multiplying the length and the width of your bathroom.
- It is important, however, to get an oversized fan. If your bathroom is 64sq feet, then it is better to get a fan that is 70CFM.
- If you have a big bathroom with more than one room, you will need a large fan to deal with moisture well.
How Do You Vent a Bathroom with No Outside Access?
The moisture in our bathroom should always be vented outside. If you do not have direct access to the outside, then you will need a plan to vent the moisture.
If you have access to the outside wall, you will drill through the bricks to find a hole to place the duct. Now go outside using the center of the hole open some small holes there. It is better to remove small materials than open up a large space that can bring a lot of problems.
Fix the duct in the hole and run it to the other side. After this seal up the vent cover and you will be ready to have a fully functional fan.
What is the Difference Between a Ventilation Fan and an Exhaust Fan?
How Far Can You Run a Bathroom Exhaust Fan Duct?
The exhaust duct should normally run for a short distance to avoid the moisture condensing inside. Depending on the size of the fan, you can have an exhaust duct running for some distance.
There are factors to be considered as the diameter of the duct. For any standard size fan of less than 100 CFM, the duct should run for like eight feet.
Best Bathroom Ceiling Fan Reviewed
Best Quiet: Broan-Nutone AE80B Slient Bathroom Ceiling Fan
- Installing the exhaust fan is an easy job.
- The fan can perform silently.
- Only suitable for small bathroom.
Having a comfortable bathroom environment should be your number one priority always. With this, you need a good exhaust fan that can deal with any challenge moisture brings to your bathroom.
- Broan-Nutone AE80B InVent Series Single-Speed Fan is a good fan that operates quietly. This will ensure that you are not distracted by any noise while in the shower.
- It can save a lot of energy while being able to function efficiently in a bathroom that is 7 square feet.
- With its powerful functionality, it can reduce the moisture in your bathroom as you need.
- The exhaust fan will ensure you have dry air that you can see around well and avoid damages to the bathroom fixtures.
- Installation of the fan is an easy job and you do not need any attic space. It can be done on the room’s side.
- This fan can capture the steam from a hot shower head before it spreads throughout the room making it effective.
Broan-Nutone AE80B InVent Series Single-Speed Fan can be the one to enable you to create that good environment.
Best For Small Bathroom: Broan-Nutone 791LEDM InVent Series Single-Speed Fan
- The fan can be fixed anywhere in your bathroom.
- Performs quietly.
- The fan is quite costly.
Sometimes all you need is a fan that can create a good environment without making much noise.
- The speed at which it can get rid of moisture in the bathroom makes it effective and it can deal well with moisture in a 105 square feet room.
- The fan is fitted with a lighting fixture that uses a 12-watt bulb to give you enough lighting in the room. Whenever you feel you have much moisture around this fan can get clear mirrors in the bathroom and enable you to see around very well.
- You do not need any existing fixtures to fit the fan or any attic access as the fan can be installed on the room’s side.
- When the fan is used with showers and tubes that are on the GFCI circuit, they can get rid of moisture easily.
The Broan-Nutone 791LEDM InVent Series Single-Speed Fan is the kid of the fan that one can have to have a comfortable bathroom while enjoying a shower.
Best Exhausted Fan: Broan-Nutone HD80L Extractor Fan Bathroom Ceiling Mounted
- One can easily install it.
- It has a lighting fixture that you can use as a source of light
Broan-Nutone HD80L Heavy Duty Ventilation Fan is a heavy-duty fan that offers exceptional results in dealing with any moisture in your bathroom.
- When you are experiencing any problem with odor, or moisture this fan can help you. The fan can deal with moisture and odor in a 75sq feet bathroom effectively.
- It is fitted with a lighting fixture that uses a 100-watt bulb to give you enough lighting to see clearly in a room.
- You will have an easy time installing the fan since it can be fixed with brackets that can be used for easy installation.
Apart from being effective, it is well designed making it a beautiful fixture to have in your bathroom.
Best In Mini Size: Broan Very Quiet Ceiling Bathroom Ceiling Fan
- The fan takes a little space when installed.
- It has hanger bars for easy and fast installation
- Installing in places where another fixture was before can be problematic.
For any exhaust fan apart from dealing with moisture, you will need a fixture that gives a beautiful look to your bathroom.
- It is fitted with a powerful motor that can deal well with moisture in a 75sq feet room to get rid of moisture and any odor.
- You will have a little problem with installation since it is easy.
- The installation of this fan takes a small space in your bathroom.
- Moreover, this fan is fitted with hanger bars that make it easy to install and it also makes them stay in the installed position firmly.
Broan Bathroom Exhaust Fan is a good fan that performs in silence enabling you to enjoy your shower in peace.
Best In Square Shape: Panasonic FV-0810VSS1 Bathroom Ceiling Fan for Low Profile
- It is made of quality material that ensures it stays for long.
- The fan operates silently.
- It is quite expensive.
When you are out enjoying a shower after a tough day, you need total silence and comfort in the bathroom, Panasonic FV-0810VSS1 Bathroom Fan can create a comfortable room since it can perform very quietly.
- With this fan, you are assured of a long life use because it is made of quality material.
- Anyone that gets this fan will have an easy time installing it, and the bracket will ensure it is firmly held in position.
- This fan will give you the fresh air needed in the bathroom and get rid of the moisture for a clear view of anything.
Best Powerful: Broan-Nutone 696 Ceiling Exhaust Fan
- The fan is also fitted with a lighting fixture.
- One can easily install the fan
- It makes a slight noise.
When you have wood fixtures in your bathroom, then one will need to get rid of moisture around very fast.
- This fan comes with a lighting fixture that can be used to provide lighting in the bathroom for one to see well around.
- With this fan, you get a top-quality product that one can use for a very long time.
- Anyone that’s getting this fan will not go through a hard hustle in trying to install it.
- The fan will make you enjoy the time you spend on your bathroom and will never experience any damage caused by the moisture.
The Broan-Nutone 696 Ceiling Exhaust Fan can ensure that the problem of odor and moisture that can wreak havoc on some fixtures is dealt with quicker.
Best with Ceiling Fan and Heater: Broan-NuTone 655 Bathroom Ceiling Fan With Heater
- Three in one functions that include heating, lighting, and ventilation.
- It is easy to install
Getting an exhaust fan that also has the lighting fixture can be great for your bathroom. This is a beautiful looking fan that creates a pleasant ambiance in your bathroom anytime you use it.
- One can easily install this type of fan on the bathroom ceiling.
- With its polymeric grilles, the exhaust fan can fit any decoration design adopted in your bathroom.
- It has a heater that you can use to warm up your bathroom to make you more comfortable while showering.
- The fan’s controls are fixed on the wall, and you can easily operate from there without any hustle.
With this fan in your bathroom, you will be able to deal with moisture very fast while having enough lighting to be able to see around well.
Best For Home and RV: Panasonic FV-08-11VFM5 WhisperFitEZ Fan
- Quiet operation.
- You can easily install it.
- The installation manual may be confusing.
Moisture is your bathroom can cause a lot of problems. With much moisture, there might be bad odor and mold that create an uncomfortable environment.
- When you have this fan in your bathroom, you will be assured of silent operation always.
- It is made of quality materials to ensure you have an exhaust fan that can last for a very long time.
- With this fan, you have an easy job installing it, and the strong bracket is always holding it in the right position.
The Panasonic FV-08-11VFM5 WhisperFitEZ Fan can deal with any problem associated with much moisture.
Best with Light: Broan-NuTone 678 Bathroom Ceiling Fan With Lights
- It provides ventilation and lighting functions.
- One can easily install it.
- The bulb tends to overheat.
Any fixture added to your bathroom should be able to add some beauty. This is what the Broan-NuTone 678 Ventilation Fan does.
- The fan is well designed with polymeric grilles that will make your bathroom look nice while dealing with moisture and odor in your bathroom.
- With this fan, you get the lighting function with a 100-watt bulb apart from the ventilation function.
- The lighting will enable you to see around well without the need for additional lighting.
- The performance of the fan is very quiet, and one can easily install it in your bathroom.
Best Compact: Broan-NuTone 690 Broan Bathroom Exhaust Fan
- One can easily install
- The modern design look makes it beautiful in your bathroom.
We can never avoid moisture in our bathroom, but we need something that can get rid of it faster.
- It is fitted with a powerful motor that can get rid of moisture faster while performing quietly.
- One can easily use this to add some beauty to the bathroom because of the modern design.
- Everything needed to install is available, and anyone can fix it easily.
The Broan-NuTone 690 Bathroom Exhaust Fan is one fan that one can install easily.
Bathroom ceiling fans are some of the fixtures one should have in the bathroom to deal with moisture. This review will give an insight into the various types of bathroom fans and what one should consider before getting a bathroom fan.